October 5 and 6, 2019
1. Rodeo Hours: Starts at 12:01 AM Saturday, October 5, 2019 and ends at 4:00 p.m. Sunday, October 6, 2019.
2. Registration fees must be paid by the end of the Captains Meeting Friday, October 4, 2019.
• Recommend Captains meeting Friday – Oct. 4 @ 7 p.m. at Juana’s Pagoda (northeastern hut)
• Packet pickup Friday from 6-6:45 p.m. at Pagoda, and after Captains meeting until 7:30 p.m.
• Packet pickup Saturday from 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.. at The Sailor’s Grille Gift Shop. Packet’s not picked up by Saturday will be forfeited.
3. Fish may be caught on rod and reel on any boat, pier, or from offshore from the Pensacola Pass to the Destin Pass and north to Florida/Alabama State Line. Only exception is Lionfish which may be speared where allowed, not including Navarre Snorkel Reefs.
4. Entries must be caught during posted rodeo hours, and must be weighed at Juana’s Pagoda on Navarre Beach by the designated weigh master. You must be in line with your catch by 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, October 7 to enter your catch.
5. Scales open at Juana’s Pagoda Deck on Saturday and Sunday 1p.m. -4 p.m. No exceptions.
The line for the weigh-in scales will close promptly at 4:00 p.m. and no further entries will be accepted. All those physically in the weigh-in line WITH THEIR ENTRIES at 4:00 p.m. shall be allowed to weigh their entries.
6. Fish must be kept on ice to prevent spoilage. No frozen, drawn, chemically treated, or spoiled fish will be accepted. The designated weigh master will inspect all entries for compliance. The Rules Committee will make any final determination of entry eligibility. Rules Committee rulings on fish eligibility are final and not subject to appeal.
7. All entries must comply with applicable Florida State Laws and Salt Water Regulations - no illegal entries will be accepted. The Rodeo will not be responsible for the possession of illegal species or size by the contestants.
8. Must declare Kayak Division or Open Division when registering and weighing fish. Kayakers can also buy Open Division ticket to be eligible for additional species. However, second ticket must be purchased before the end of the Captains meeting. One Captain’s Bag per Angler even if registered in Open and Kayak divisions.
9. In the event of a tie in any category, the first fish weighed in will be declared the winner.
10. Each angler has a chance to win one prize per registered division. All anglers are encouraged to weigh every fish caught because bumping will occur and lesser weights are moved up. If an angler is in two places on the board, the lower placing is removed and other fish in that species/category move up to take its place. If an angler wins in multiple categories of the same placing, the angler will win the first weighed highest placed fish only.
11. The largest fish will be determined by weight.
12. Eligible species of fish and permit requirements subject to change depending upon applicable laws.
13. Weather: In the event that weather conditions arise deemed unsafe by the tournament officials, the tournament may be called off for that day. No refunds will be made in the event of cancellation.
14. All prizes must be collected by winning anglers within thirty (30) days of the award ceremony.
$38 until 11:59 p.m. September 16 $48 as of September 16
Kid’s 12 and under free with a paid adult admission (2 per adult admission, no t-shirt provided) – and must fish in the Jr. Angler division unless they paid an entry fee of $38 or above.
Navarre Seafood OPEN DIVISION
1. Open to all anglers. Anglers must be registered for the Open Division and pay entry fee by the end of the Captains Meeting on Friday, Oct. 4, 2019.
2. Prizes will be awarded for the largest fish caught in each of the species of the posted eligible fish. First ($125), second ($75) , and third place ($50) prizes are awarded for the heaviest single fish. ONLY ONE PRIZE PER ANGLER PER REGISTERED DIVISION WILL BE AWARDED. ALL anglers are encouraged to weigh every fish caught in the event that bumping occurs and lesser weights are moved up!
HALF HITCH KAYAK DIVISION
1. Open to anglers that are with non-motorized vessels. This includes SUPs. Must be declared as Kayak Division to enter in this category by the conclusion of the Captains Meeting on Friday, Oct. 4.
2. Prizes will be awarded for the largest fish caught in each of the species of the posted eligible fish. First ($125) , second ($75) , and third place ($50) prizes are awarded for the heaviest single fish. ONLY ONE PRIZE PER ANGLER PER REGISTERED DIVISION WILL BE AWARDED. ALL anglers are encouraged to weigh every fish caught due to bumping that will occur and lesser weights are moved up!
Scooter Fish House SLAMS
1. First Place prizes will be awarded to the highest total weight in each Slam category. Fish winning in the SLAM Category are automatically withdrawn from the Open or Kayak Divisions. An Angler can only win one SLAM category. However An Angler can win a SLAM in addition to a fish category in the Open or Kayak Division. However, Angler’s have to win with different fish.
2. Fish entered for SLAM have to be weighed together, at the same time.
Windjammers JUNIOR DIVISION
1. Open to all anglers 12 years of age and under. All fish MUST be caught unassisted. First, Second and Third place prizes will be awarded in each Jr. Fish Category.
2. Junior anglers will be registered automatically at weigh-in. No entry fee will be required with corresponding adult ticket. Two (2) juniors allowed per corresponding adult ticket.
3. Junior anglers competing in the Junior Division are not eligible for prizes in any other division unless they have purchased a rodeo ticket to enter the Open Division by paying the required fee.
4. All junior entries will comply with applicable Florida State Laws and Salt Water and Fresh Water Regulations.
5. Captains Bags will not be given to those in the Junior Division. Anglers 12-years and under can register in the open and kayak division and participate with all rights and benefits of the category entered.
1. The non-native Indo-Pacific lionfish has no predators and is wreaking havoc on our reefs by explosively reproducing and eating dangerously high numbers of important, native species such as juvenile grouper, snapper, parrotfish, grunts and crustaceans.
2. Our objective is to raise awareness and help control local lionfish populations by including lionfish in our Rodeo. The object is to capture lionfish and put them on the menu. They are delicious to eat.
3. Lionfish cannot be speared on the Navarre snorkel reefs. (No spear fishing)
4. Lionfish opens on September 28th until October 6, 2019. Weigh-ins at Half Hitch Navarre 9/28-10/4 at Rodeo 10/5-10/6
5. First and Second place prizes will be awarded based on the total weight of nine days catches. – determined by Sunday at the 4 p.m. cutoff. Please register at the fish weigh in.